Monday, July 14, 2014

Face vocabulary - Learning can be fun!

I use English Adventure B, with the second grade students. When we learn about the parts of the face and the body this is how we usually do it.
1.  I play the song from the CD that goes with the book and students work in pairs so that they need to show the part of the face they hear but on their partner's face.
2. Then I put pictures on the board with the target vocabulary and I play a CD ( you can say the words yourself) and the students need to point to the correct picture.
3. Next, I read them the story Is this my nose? ( A lovely storybook you can order here, they don't charge delivery : http://www.bookdepository.com/Is-This-My-Nose-/9780764161537) , and we use the mirror at the end of the book. Look in the mirror and name the parts of the face.
4. Finally, we use some toys - Mr. and Mrs Potato head - students create their faces and then describe them.

No comments:

Post a Comment