Monday, July 14, 2014

SCHOOL BAZAAR - Learning can be fun!

In the fifth grade I use the book Welcome 2. My students and I got inspired to make our own School Bazaar after doing Unit 5. The difference is that we didn't sell the food, but we all ate it together. The parents of the students prepared it all after we did the research and found all the recipes. The bazaar was on American and British food followed up by some nice games and activities. We invited some of the other teachers to be our guests and take part in this event. My colleagues were required to play the games and use their English:) I always like when students see how other teachers use English, and how important it is to know another language.
You might think that we had a lot of unhealthy food but I promise that it was only this one time.
The games that we did:
1. Pin the tail on the donkey.
2. A ring toss game
3. Close your eyes, touch the animal toy and name the animal
4. Guess how many beans are there in the jar.
5. Dart














No comments:

Post a Comment