Saturday, January 9, 2016

Presenting - How much / How many and their use with countable and uncountable nouns

The aim of this lesson is to introduce how much and how many to the students and their use with countable and uncountable nouns. We are going to revise food vocabulary and discuss what ingredients are needed to make a cake and pizza.

1. As a lead in to the lesson I decided to buy some cupcakes and give to the students to taste so that I can elicit what ingredients are used in the preparation of this dessert. I showed flashcards with different kinds of food and asked the students to agree or disagree with what is used in the cupcakes. I put the food in two columns and the students realize that the other ingredients are used to make pizza.
I wrote examples on the board and asked students to copy in their notebooks.



2. As a next activity I used a dialogue from the textbook we use in class. The students had to listen and write down how many or how much of each ingredient is used in the pizza the children make in the dialogue.

3. As a finishing activity I used the story Timmy goes shopping. The students listen to the story carefully and choose the correct shopping basket. 




You can find the story here:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/200703834/Timmy-Goes-Shopping-story

No comments:

Post a Comment